From King County Seed Lending Library, Through Their Northwest Library Branch
The King County Seed Lending Library devised a pilot* program to get seed supply to neighbors who can use them. They are now accepting emailed seed orders for the KCSLL Northwest Seattle branch (at Phinney Ridge Neighborhood Association). Orders will be fulfilled twice a week and left at a secure, outdoor, weatherproof location for recipients to pick up. The pickup location will be in Northwest Seattle.
- Browse the current seed inventory list. Navigate through the list by using the category tabs at the bottom of the screen.
- Take note of the crop and common name of each seed you would like.
- Please limit your order to 10 items.
- Send an email with your list and name to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- They will package and label your seeds.
- Items in low supply might be substituted by another variety of the same crop.
- They will respond with an email telling you where you can pick up your seeds.
*This program will initially cover Northwest Seattle only. If successful, they will try to enact it at other branches.