Sustainable Ballard DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) Taskforce purpose is to identify ways that we can incorporate more BIPOC supports and ally activities into the organization. This group will meet every two weeks over Zoom.
Time: Every 2 weeks on Wed, until Jun 16, 2021, 6 occurrences
Apr 7, 2021 06:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Apr 21, 2021 06:00 PM – 7:30 PM
May 5, 2021 06:00 PM – 7:30 PM
May 19, 2021 06:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Jun 2, 2021 06:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Jun 16, 2021 06:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Some ideas that have been proposed for this group to address are:
- Research BLM organizations and determine which ones to support and back: Black Lives Matter Seattle King County, WA BLM Alliance, King County Equity Now
- Look internally to see if there are ways to better welcome Black Ballardites into the organization and leadership
- Review Sustainable Ballard’s By-Laws for discriminatory language and policies and propose changes and new pro-active inclusion language.
- Post more social media articles supporting local efforts and speak out against instances of local racism.
- Consider if there are ways to integrate racial justice into existing Sustainable Ballard projects and/or to create policies for new projects that account for this.
- Identify advocacy that we can promote to Ballard neighbors. Create Community Bulletin Board for things to be aware of?
We have information from the NEO Law Group available at http://nonprofitlawblog.com/governance-documents-diversity-equity-inclusion-nonprofits/ that will be helpful, but first we have a lot of listening to do!