1753 Northwest 56th Street
Seattle, WA 98107
Our topic this month is The Geography of Funding for Homelessness Programs and Services. Funding for programs addressing homelessness and supporting homeless people are chronically inadequate, and the sources of available funds are often obscure and confusing. We are grateful to have MJ Kiser, Program Director at Compass Housing Alliance , speak on funding issues and shed a light on where the money comes from and where does it go.
If you have an issue you’d like to add to the agenda or an announcement to make at the meeting, please email Orna and we will do our best to make room for it.
Mission of the Taskforce: The BCTHH works to end homelessness and hunger in the Ballard community by providing a forum for service providers, community advocates and governmental agencies to share information, capitalize on their collective resources and coordinate efforts. We will work as advocates of change and partners of compassion toward a just and supportive community.
* Encourage local residents and community organizations to work with community members who face homeless and/or hunger.
* Support and partner with non-profit, religious, government, for-profit and community groups who provide programs and resources for vulnerable residents in our community.
* Mobilize resources within and outside Ballard to provide adequate food, shelter and supportive services for all residents of Ballard.
* Provide a venue for honest, open discussion of the challenges faced by homeless residents and the groups that serve them, including ways to meet those challenges successfully.
* Link individuals with unique challenges with organizations that provide relevant specialized services.