Want to grow your own food but don’t know where to begin? Learn how to start your organic garden, and continue caring for your crops, so you can eat fresh, healthy food year-round.
This two-part, five-hour introduction to fundamental organic gardening topics includes a morning “show and tell” lecture-based class with group activities, followed by an outdoor, hands-on class in the garden in the afternoon. There will be an hour break for lunch at noon, in between the morning and afternoon sessions.
You’ll leave with the knowledge you need to confidently prepare your beds and start your organic garden from seeds or starts.
Topics in this class include:
- What is organic gardening?
- Understanding healthy soil
- How to design and map your garden
- Choosing crops to grow year round
- Activities in this class include:
- Cultivating and amending garden beds
- Planting seeds and transplants
- Discussion of continued care of plants
- Tour of garden to observe plant support structures, season extension and a variety of annual and perennial plantings.
Please dress for the weather and garden activities.
Tilth Alliance strives to educate everyone, regardless of their financial means. All classes include a limited number of reduced price tickets for those with financial need.
Tilth Alliance members and donors receive a discount on classes—make your gift online today!
Please read our Photo & Cancellation Policy.
Hosted By Tilth Alliance; Phone: (206) 633-0451