From the Seattle Department of Neighborhoods:
Join us for Seattle’s 25th Annual Neighbor Day on May 4 and help us flood Seattle with a celebration of kindness and community!
With everything going on in our world and in our city, we could all use a chance to de-stress and reconnect with our neighbors, friends, and communities through small acts of generosity. Neighbor Day provides the perfect opportunity to do just that!
Neighbor Day is a special day set aside to reach out to neighbors, make new friends, and express thanks to those who help make your neighborhood and community a great place to live. We encourage all Seattle residents to celebrate this day by indulging in random acts of kindness. Residents, businesses, or community groups are all invited to participate however they like. The main goal is simply to reach out and connect with your neighbors through generosity.
Neighbor Day will take place on Saturday, May 4, 2019.
We have made it as easy as possible for you to participate! Below is a list of ideas and resources that can help you plan your Neighbor Day event or activity:
- Do something nice for a neighbor: take them to coffee, clean up their yard, bake them some cookies, invite them for a walk.
- Organize a neighborhood potluck, open house, or work party. It can be as big or simple as you want.
- Need more ideas? We have an extensive list to help you.
- Want to know how your local business or community group can participate? Here are some ideas!
- If your event is open to the public, you can post it to our online events calendar.
- Use our flyer to post around your neighborhood or work area to remind people of the day.
- Share a “great neighbor” story or tell us how you are celebrating by tagging us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and using #NeighborDay.
For more information on Neighbor Day, please visit our website at http://www.seattle.gov/neighborday.
If you have any questions or want to bounce ideas off someone, contact Neighbor Day coordinator Sam Read at email@example.com.