600 4th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
Feb 25 Forum Agenda
- Welcome Remarks by Councilmembers Mike O’Brien and Sally Bagshaw
- Brief overview of the Seattle Climate Action Plan and purpose of the forums
- Focus on SPU’s climate action activies in 2014
- Overview of the Community Climate Projects program and discussion of award criteria
Please RSVP, 206.233.7014
On February 25, the Office of Sustainability & Environment will launch “Community Climate Forums”, a quarterly opportunity for residents and grassroots sustainability organizations to provide on-going feedback on the City’s climate action work.
The forums will be moderated by Jill Simmons, Director of the Office of Sustainability & Environment.
The general format will be in two parts:
- The City will open up a conversation on a key climate action focus area and engage the community in a dialogue on specific city actions and/or policy development.
- The community will then present community-led projects and priorities with a special focus on how they support Seattle’s climate goals and where the City can support or coordinate with the community for best results.
The February 25 Community Climate Forum will feature remarks by Councilmembers Mike O’Brien and Sally Bagshaw and Ray Hoffman, Director of Seattle Public Utilities to engage attendees in a dialogue around SPU’s climate action work in 2014.
Light refreshments will be served.