10am to 1pm
Good Shepherd Center, 4649 Sunnyside Ave N
Learn how to identify, gather and prepare some of our city’s most common and delicious edible weeds and wild foods.
Many plants we consider weeds hide huge amounts of nutrition. Get to know some of these healthy and delicious plants as we tour around the farm, gather some greens and then go into the kitchen to cook and taste our harvest.
In this workshop, we will:
- Identify and gather seasonal wild plants such as dandelion, miners lettuce, plantain and chickweed
- Learn about safety issues, gathering ethics, local rules and regulations
- Discuss general uses of plants gathered
- Practice harvesting and processing plants
- Cook and taste seasonal recipes you can easily make at home
Please dress for an outdoor tour as well as garden and kitchen activities. Bringing a camera to take photos of plants is recommended.
Tilth Alliance strives to educate everyone, regardless of their financial means. All classes include a limited number of reduced price tickets for those with financial need.
Tilth Alliance members and donors receive a discount on classes—make your gift online today!
Please read our Photo Cancellation Policy.
Hosted By Tilth Alliance
- Phone: (206) 633-0451
|Reduced Price (limited quantity, for those with financial need)||$35.00|
|Full Price (supports reduced price tickets)||$65.00|