Here’s a way to support the monthly free Ballard Sunday Dinners for our neighbors in need, without cooking or washing dishes!
Amazing Grace Spiritual Center hosts an annual Unclutter Your Life Swap Meet. This year it will be on Saturday, March 23, from 9 am to 3 pm. Proceeds fund the dinners on the second Sunday of each month, when volunteers from Amazing Grace takes the lead (supplemented with volunteers from Sustainable Ballard).
Please consider whether you can help out in one way or another. It always turns out to be way more fun than you imagined.
Here’s how it works:
- We clear our closets, garages, cabinets and drawers, storage units of anything that no longer serves us.
- We bring everything to Amazing Grace for an un-priced rummage sale – pay what you want and think is fair. (Donations accepted as well. No large furniture. Clean clothing, please.)
- Whatever doesn’t sell moves on that day – clothing is packed up to give to The Bridge Care Center, books are saved for Amazing Grace’s Little Free Library, everything else goes to Value Village by 5 pm.
Here’s how you can help:
- Bring stuff, buy stuff, and encourage friends and neighbors to do the same
- Work a shift or two – please do the doodle after reading the descriptions below, if you can help. Write in your first and last name, then one click is green=YES, a second click is yellow=MAYBE or second choice, a third click is blank=NO.
https://doodle.com/poll/63w8pxq5xkg2ggn6 You can leave a comment in addition to checking off boxes.
Work shifts (any time you can work is fine – pick the closest)
- Friday, March 22
- 5 – 7 pm, set up to receive donations starting at 6 pm, organize donations
- 7 – 9 pm, continue receiving and organizing donations
- Saturday, March 23
- 8 – 11 am, receive and organize donations, assist buyers
- 10 am – 1 pm, receive and organize donations, assist buyers
- 12-3 pm, receive and organize donations, assist buyers
- 2 – 5 pm – clean up, pack up, deliver
- Snacks – if you can bring snacks, please click the category 9:30-9:45 am and write a comment as well (this doodle didn’t let me put in words)
Rev. Colette Mercier
Amazing Grace Spiritual Center