Get ready to grow tasty and nutritious tomatoes, peppers and other heat-loving crops! Fresh tomatoes and peppers are some of the most delicious vegetables, but they can be tricky to grow in our cool summers. This class will teach you how to get a successful harvest from these warm weather crops whether we are having a typical moderate northwest summer or an atypical warm summer at 90 degrees.
In this class you will learn about:
- Which varieties do well in our maritime climate
- When to plant warm season crops
- Season extension techniques to maximize heat
- Trellising and pruning to improve air circulation
- Continued care of heat crops including fertilizing, watering and harvesting
This class is held outdoors with hands-on activities. Please dress for the weather and messy garden soil.
Tilth Alliance strives to educate everyone, regardless of their financial means. Apply for a scholarship.
Please read this Photo & Cancellation Policy.