Our 13th Annual Festival is on its way and we would love to have you be a part of our volunteer team! Volunteers are essential to the production of our festival, we couldn’t do it without you. Seriously, you make all the difference in the success of this fun, educational, neighborhood event.
Some of our activities for this year:
- Tea and dessert samples for a small donation in the Miro Tea Garden
- The ever popular main stage, with all-day live music
- Collaboration with Seattle Summer Parkways
- Animals, a Tomato Taste-Off and Cider Pressing in the Urban Farm Area
- Skate Clinics from Skate Like a Girl
- Crafting for everyone at the Creation Station
- Family Bike Expo
There are many opportunities and ways you can volunteer with us! Volunteer opportunities are available before, during, and after the festival.
Some of the ways YOU could volunteer:
- Pre-Festival Work Parties
- Pre-Festival Set Up
- Decorations Set Up
- Exhibitor Support
- Guest Greeter
- Information and Merchandise
- Festival Breakdown
- Flexible Support- We’ll direct you where we need you on the day of the festival
- AND MANY MORE!
Additionally, as a volunteer you will receive perks! You will have access to our hospitality booth, a goodie bag, a handmade t-shirt, snacks and beverages, and an invitation to our after-party!
The most fun you’ll have as volunteer all year is at the Sustainable Ballard 13th Annual Festival!
Feel free to call or email with questions or to sign up in person for any of the festival volunteer roles.
Next work party:
Help us design and build educational, artful structures to identify festival features, thank sponsors and more!
WHEN: Tues & Weds, Aug 23 & 24, 6 – 9 pm
WHERE: meet at Jenny’s House (call 206-384-0053 for address)
WHAT: Fruit picking in the Ballard neighborhood
BRING: Any strong boxes you have to spare, fruit picking pole (if you have one), gloves if you like. Ladders if you are willing to climb. Much fruit will be available on the ground and on low branches for those who wish to stay earthbound.
WHEN: Sunday, Aug 21st, 12 – 5pm • Tues Aug 23, 5 – 9pm, Wed Aug 24, 5 – 9 pm
WHERE: Fremont Powerhouse, 3940 Fremont Ave N
WHAT: Petit Trolls (mini-floats) workparty
BRING: Small toys and a float base (like a wide pull-toy) to build on and find additional treasures to add to your float from the supplies at the Powerhouse. Great activity for families to work on together! Bring snacks to share and join the fun!
Sustainable Ballard Festival
August 27th, 2016 11 am – 4 pm
Ballard Commons Park
When you support Sustainable Ballard you help us to:
- Promote new resource sharing programs like Ballard Tool Library, Ballard Share and Play and Little Free Libraries
- Feed and clothe folks who are homeless and hungry with programs like Ballard Sunday Dinners at Ballard First Lutheran Church, Market Gleaning and Ballard Knitters for the Homeless
- Educate neighbors about edible gardening and green building with the Edible Garden Tour and B-Green Building Talks
- and much more!!
Every year we invite the Ballard community and local green organizations to help create this unique and joyful celebration. Your support helps us to keep this extraordinary event free to the public.
Volunteering is a great way to take a stand for a healthier planet and meet new people who share your passion. Volunteers get other great benefits too: a free festival t-shirt, chair massages, access to the hospitality booth, gift bags and free food! You won’t have more fun volunteering this year!
Visit our volunteer page and see what opportunities are available.