Trees for Neighborhoods Application Closes Aug 10
From the folks at Trees for Seattle:
Announcing Trees for Neighborhoods – 2020 Tree Planting Program! Each year, Trees for Neighborhoods provides Seattle residents with trees to help make our neighborhoods healthier. Participate in planting a tree in your yard or along your street and you’ll receive:
- Help selecting the right tree and planting location
- Free trees (up to 4 per household, lifetime max of 6)
- A watering bag & mulch for each tree
- Training on proper planting and care
- Street tree permitting support, if you are planting in the street right-of-way
- Tree delivery & planting assistance (on a limited basis and with special COVID-19 considerations) if you need physical help or lack access to a vehicle
- Tree checkups for the first couple of years (street trees only)
- Ongoing care reminders and opportunities for free pruning workshops
How can I get a tree?
You can apply for trees anytime between July 13 – August 10. Keep an eye on their website or sign up here to be alerted when the application opens.
- July 13: Application opens
- July 18: Right Tree, Right Place Online Webinar* 1:00 – 2:00 pm, Register Here
- July 21: Right Tree, Right Place Online Webinar* 7:00 – 8:00 pm, Register Here
*Choose one of the two sessions to attend (optional)
- August 10: Application closes
- Date TBD: Tree Planting & Care Online Webinar** 7:00 pm – 7:45 pm
**Check back soon for details and Registration information.
- October/November: Receive your tree and plant it in your yard! More details to come.