Many thanks to the volunteers and gracious hosts who opened their gardens to nearly 200 people during our 6th Annual Edible Garden Tour last month! We raised $1,750 which will go directly towards community projects in Ballard! Carolyn, Chuck, Kathryn and Jean took home great raffle prizes — for that we give a special thanks to our sponsors: Swansons Nursery, Honoré Artisan Bakery and New Roots Organics. Our thanks to Feet First for organizing a walk-within-the-tour; you can see their great photos here.
Additional thanks go out for:
- tour organizing – Jennifer Mundee and Paula Jenson;
- additional publicity – Margaret Wetter and Eric Thomas;
- raffle organizing and a terrific Little Free Library for the raffle – Jenny Heins;
- collecting business coupons – Kathryn Hill;
- scouting gardens and arranging thank-you baskets – Paula Jenson;
- poster design and map creation – Suzanne Findley;
- help at the info booth – Eric, Jenny, Cindy, Suzanne, Candace, Simone & Kathryn
- and to our committee who put up posters, helped with organizing, and made goodies to thank our gardeners: Mary Beth, Jean, Cindy, Julia, Dan, Donna, Ellie, Jenny, Laurette and Candace!
We are indebted to the gardeners at the 17 sites that were on the tour this year — thank you for growing! not mowing.