Check out the 2018 Bike Everywhere Challenge home page: https://www.lovetoride.net/washington?locale=en-US
WHAT IS THE BIKE EVERYWHERE CHALLENGE?
The Bike Everywhere Challenge is a fun and free competition to encourage your friends and colleagues to experience firsthand the joys and benefits of riding a bike, even in the rain! The idea of the Challenge is to turn a common barrier to biking — inclement weather — on its head and celebrate biking during a rainy month of the year. We think that if you can ride while it’s raining and enjoy it — and we’re confident you will — you’ll see how possible it is to bike all year round. There are lots of fantastic prizes being offered to tempt your team, which we’ll announce as the Challenge approaches!
HOW IT WORKS
- You and your friends compete against other teams of up to 10 people
- Like the Ride in the Rain Challenge, new riders get double points for trips logged. However, we have removed the requirement to have 2 new riders on a team of 10. Your Challenge team can be made up of anyone you wish, but just remember, more new riders = more points.
- The aim is to earn the most points.
- Points are earned by:
- and getting other people to ride too.
- You can ride anywhere, anytime between May 1-31 to take part.
The Challenge is not just about who can ride the most miles, but who can encourage the most people to give bicycling a try.
*New riders are those of us who haven’t ridden or only ridden a few times in the past year
Click on the link at the top of this article to learn more. Will you take the challenge?