“We actually cashed in on the RainWise program twice. We first had a nice rain garden installed to drain half the roof, by Loralee from Wenger Design and Landscape.
Then about a year later, I learned from Jim Bristow that we could get cisterns through RainWise too, if they empty into the rain garden. So using Bristow Enterprises, we added two 205-gallon cisterns that help route the remaining roof area to the rain garden. To accommodate the additional runoff, he expanded the rain garden by a couple square feet.
Thanks to the RainWise rebates, all of this was almost free! We did have to pay for an arborist to inspect where the rain garden was to be installed.”
– Karen and Tom
- Rain Garden (installed April 2011)
- Design and Installation by Wenger Design
- 607sf Roof Runoff captured
- $2428 Rebate
- 95% of total project cost (paid $125 for arborist, not eligible for rebate)
- Two 205-gallon Cisterns (installed March 2012)
- Installation by Bristow Enteprises
- 820sf Roof Runoff captured
- $3280 Rebate
- 100% of total project cost