Join a Sound Transit Community Advisory Group!
Sound Transit is currently studying multiple light rail routes and station locations (called alternatives) for the West Seattle and Ballard Link Extensions (WSBLE) project. Sound Transit is forming Community Advisory Groups (CAGs) to provide another forum to share information and to collaborate with community members around issues and tradeoffs. The feedback from these groups taken together with all the comments received from the public comment period will be provided to the Sound Transit Board before it confirms or modifies the preferred alternative for the WSBLE project early next year.
Members will serve as ambassadors to their communities and bring forth community values, concerns and ideas. Members will receive a stipend for their involvement in meetings, which we expect will involve potentially six virtual meetings starting this fall and continuing through early 2022.
We’re looking for people who:
- Live, work and/or volunteer along the project corridor.
- Are a part of or have a deep understanding of one or more of the communities along the corridor.
- Have knowledge and/or interest in public transportation, mobility and how transportation affects the lives of people in the region.
We ask that members be prepared to:
- Act as a community ambassador, willing to share information with community members and bring forth community values, concerns, and ideas.
- Consider the community as a whole and go beyond personal interests.
- Participate collaboratively with group members whose views may be different from their own.
- Attend approximately six-monthly meetings from fall 2021 through early 2022, participating fully in the process.
- Never done anything like this before? That’s OK! You bring valuable perspectives, and we want to hear from you. People who identify as Black, Indigenous, or a person of color, women, LGBTQ+, immigrant or refugee, low-income, or people with diverse abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Submit an interest form to get involved in one of the following ways:
Fill out the form here: https://wsblink.participate.online/ and submit electronically
Print a PDF and mail to:
West Seattle and Ballard Link Extension
c/o Leda Chahim
401 S. Jackson St.
Seattle, WA 98104
For assistance with the form:
Submissions will close on 5pm, Wednesday, Oct. 27, 2021.