From our friends at Green Seattle Partnership —
Plant a Forest – Grow Community on November 2nd!
It’s time to see the forest for more than just the trees! Help us create a healthier, happier, and greener Seattle by coming out to our biggest planting event of the year – Green Seattle Day! On November 2nd we will be planting the city’s future forest at 17 neighborhood parks. From creating wildlife habitat, to combating climate change, and providing a place for residents to recreate: having a hand in Green Seattle Day is one of the best ways to give back to your neighbors, parks, and your local forest.
All community members are welcome, and no experience is necessary! The event is family friendly and open to all ages. Hundreds of volunteers will plant native trees, shrubs, and groundcovers that will become the future forest of Seattle. We will provide all of the necessary tools and training for the day, along with light refreshments!
We hope that you will lend a hand in the neighborhoods you live in, and volunteer at the park closest to you. Pick from the park list below and please sign up in advance using the event links provided. These events do fill up fast, so make sure to save your spot today!
Green Seattle Day locations throughout the City
- Discovery Park with Mountains to Sound Greenway – RSVP HERE
- Interlaken Park with Forterra – RSVP HERE
- Burke Gilman Trail – RSVP HERE
- Beaver Pond Natural Area – RSVP HERE
- Magnuson Park with EarthCorps – RSVP HERE
- Northacres Park – RSVP HERE
- Cheasty Greenspace – RSVP HERE
- East Duwamish Greenspace – RSVP HERE
- Genesee Park with EarthCorps – RSVP HERE
- Lewis Park – RSVP HERE
- Maple Wood Playfield with SCA – RSVP HERE
- Rainier Beach Urban Farm and Wetlands with Tilth Alliance – RSVP HERE
- Seward Park with Seward Park Audubon – RSVP HERE
- Woodland Park – RSVP HERE