Who loves garage sales? EVERYONE does, right?? Radio station KBFG is partnering with Phinney Neighborhood Association to host a garage sale during the PNA Garage Sale Day 2017 Event on Saturday, June 3rd. Here are more details: http://phinneycenter.org/garagesale.
KBFG could REALLY use some local support from the community though. Do you have any items you would be willing to donate for sale on that day? All items are accepted, no matter how big or small. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Pam at 206-402-6926 if you would like to get involved.
Funds raised from this event will help to pay for the permits that are needed to broadcast on the air, advertising, and purchase new equipment. KBFG just opened their new temporary studio and will have brand new episodes to air (streaming only) soon. It’s looking like they will be broadcasting on FM by the middle of the year! They are just waiting for all of the permits to fall into place.
Sale Address = 5308 Baker Avenue NW.
Lines may go around the block several times and overflow onto Phinney Ave. Fremont and Phinney Ridge traffic may be adversely affected. Be advised.
KBFG’s mission is to educate our community about the rich cultural heritage and the new and emerging cultural opportunities within the northwest Seattle neighborhoods we’ll directly serve. We are partnering with numerous organizations, including non-profits, neighborhood associations, schools and youth organizations, and local businesses, to develop programming that reflects, supports, and serves as a fulcrum, or crossroads for our community.
- A low-power FM radio station for the Ballard, Fremont, Greenwood, Phinney and north Queen Anne/Magnolia communities, broadcasting with 100 watts or less and streaming online.
- A non-profit community radio station with mostly local programming, some non-English programming, some talk, some news, and an eclectic blend of local, live performance, youth, and traditional music.
- Providing a platform for youth and under-served to learn and practice journalism and broadcasting skills.
- Interfacing with other community journalism efforts, like myballard.com and covering local events such as high school sports and neighborhood festivals.
- A forum for local educational, environmental, social, business, and political concerns and discussion.