Thanks for your interest … we’re all out of buckets now!
The Waste Management Think Green Challenge continues through March 28…waste less, shop smart, recycle and compost more…all to win up to $50,000 for community projects in Ballard!
We’ve up-cycled holiday cards for Free Letters Home, held a Holiday Barter Fair, played Think Green bingo, tweeted holiday gift ideas #instead of stuff, shared our favorite green cleaning recipes and posted tips for recycling and storing food without plastic.
And we’re just getting started! This month, we have FREE counter-top composting bins to give away to the first 30 people that pledge to compost. Just email the following information to email@example.com.
- Address (for delivery only)
- Do you live in a condo/apartment?
- Do you already have a composting bucket?
- Do you want a free composting bucket delivered to you?
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I don’t have a compost pile? Putting compostables in the yard waste bin counts too.
- What if I want to pledge but I don’t want the bucket? We still welcome your pledge! This activity counts as outreach that will help Sustainable Ballard win Think Green money to share with community projects!
- I live in an apartment building and we don’t have yardwaste bins – can I still participate? If your building doesn’t appear to have a bin, ask your landlord or property manager to provide one. More information about composting at condos and apartments can be found here.
- Can I use the scraps for my chickens or worm bin instead of composting? Absolutely!