Finding Common Ground: Inspiring, Educating and Collaborating Around Effective Climate Action – Mar 4 & 5
Action is the antidote to despair! Join Citizens’ Climate Lobby / Citizens’ Climate Education at their Regional Conference to develop skills, knowledge, and confidence in advocating for national carbon fee and dividend legislation. Meet and exchange ideas with others doing this inspiring and energizing work.
- Speakers will inspire you to expand your sphere of influence to build political will for a national revenue-neutral carbon fee and dividend to address climate change.
- Workshops will educate you on writing powerful letters and Op-Eds for newspapers.
- Kyle Murphy from Carbon Washington will show us how to use our experience from the Washington State revenue-neutral carbon tax initiative to advance national legislation
- Panelists will educate you on the latest technologies available now to reduce carbon emissions.
- New volunteers will get the basic training they need to be effective in advocating action on climate change.
- You’ll learn how to find common ground on climate change with both progressives and conservatives.
- Workshops will offer interactive experiences in communication techniques for sharing our vision with communities and congressional delegations.
The Citizens’ Climate Lobby grass roots lobbying method is building support around the world for a national, market based solution to reduce carbon emissions and stimulate economies. Volunteers describe the experience of participating with CCL as life-changing and empowering. We want to expand on that experience through this conference.
Citizens’ Climate Lobby Pacific Northwest Region covers Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Alaska, and Hawaii. Everyone is welcome to attend the conference. Tickets are $100 per person, or $50 for students and low income volunteers.