At this meeting, we will have two guest speakers on health services in Ballard:
- Amy Dodgion of Swedish Hospital’s Emergency Department
- Tricia Madden of the NeighborCare Clinic
This forum is an open discussion place for any person concerned with homelessness and hunger in Ballard. All persons are welcome to the table and encouraged to participate in the conversation. The meeting adheres to a preset agenda and is led by an agreed upon chair who manages the discussion according to the timetable. Members of the taskforce reserve the right to change this format upon majority vote as necessary.
Mission of the Taskforce: The BCTHH works to end homelessness and hunger in the Ballard community by providing a forum for service providers, community advocates and governmental agencies to share information, capitalize on their collective resources and coordinate efforts. We will work as advocates of change and partners of compassion toward a just and supportive community.
* Encourage local residents and community organizations to work with community members who face homeless and/or hunger.
* Support and partner with non-profit, religious, government, for-profit and community groups who provide programs and resources for vulnerable residents in our community.
* Mobilize resources within and outside Ballard to provide adequate food, shelter and supportive services for all residents of Ballard.
* Provide a venue for honest, open discussion of the challenges faced by homeless residents and the groups that serve them, including ways to meet those challenges successfully.
* Link individuals with unique challenges with organizations that provide relevant specialized services.