We’re feelin’ the love in our community!
We are truly fortunate to have the support of so many businesses, organizations and individuals in our neighborhood … yay, Ballard!
Our Community Giving Partners
- Ballard Market – donates funds equal to 1% (pre-tax) of receipts that we turn in. Thank you to all of the faithful Ballard Market shoppers who save your receipts for us!
- Fred Meyer – donates a percentage of the amount purchased through their Community Rewards Program. Thank you to all of the Fred Meyer shoppers who have linked your card to us!
- Amazon – through the Amazon Smile program, donates funds equal to 1/2% of purchases made through the smile.amazon.com site. Thank you to the Amazon shoppers who have designated us as your charity of choice!
- New Seasons Market – currently includes Sustainable Ballard as a Bag It Forward Partner. Thank you to all of the New Seasons shoppers who have dropped your beans in our jar!
- Nordstrom – through their Employee Charitable Match and Volunteer Program, donates $20 for each Nordstrom employee hour spent volunteering for Sustainable Ballard. Thank you to the Nordstrom employees who volunteer with us!
- Reuben’s Brews – each year includes us in their Thank You Thursday program, donating a percentage of the pints and growlers purchased on our night. Thank you to all of the Ballard beer drinkers who join us for that evening each year!
- Peddler Brewing – a great supporter, with fundraising nights and hosting our Meaningful Movies screenings. Thank you to all who join us there!
Our Program Partners
- Jackson Remodeling – our very generous landlord for the Ballard Tool Library
- Ballard Alliance – our partners in producing “Get Plugged Into Ballard” events
- KBFG Radio – our local radio station, generously telling our Ballard (and beyond!) neighbors about much that we’re up to
- Tall Grass Bakery and Cafe Besalu – two of our partners in our Gleaning Program, donating bread and pastries for St. Luke’s Edible Hope Meals
- The farmers of the Ballard Farmers Market – partners in our Gleaning Program, donating fresh produce for the Ballard Food Bank
- Ballard Food Bank – working with us in the Gleaning Program, to distribute the fresh produce donated by the farmers
- Ballard First Lutheran Church – the host for Ballard Sunday Dinners, a program for which we provide volunteers
- St. Luke’s Episcopal Church – host of the Edible Hope Meals Program, for which we provide volunteers and through which the bread and pastries from Tall Grass Bakery and Cafe Besalu are distributed
- The Dane – the host for our knitters each month
- Nyer Urness House and Ballard Urban Rest Stop – the hosts of our Free Letters Home Program
- Ballard Public Library – the host of our Board Game and Puzzle Swap events each quarter
- King County Wastewater Treatment Division – our partner for the RainWise Program
- The Meaningful Movies Project — the “mothership” for all of the Meaningful Movies chapters, including ours
- Sunset Hill Community Association – the generous host for various activities and meetings, for which we are grateful.
We are grateful to live, work and play in such a generous, involved community!