Holiday Party and Barter Fair
December 1st, 4pm to 6pm
Sunset Hill Community Association Clubhouse, 3003 NW 66th St
Enjoy the event for a suggested donation of $5.
Funds raised at the event will support Sustainable Ballard. We are a local non-profit dedicated to educating, inspiring, and engaging Ballard neighbors to take action to live more sustainably both individually and collectively. Our vision is an inclusive, joyful, sustainable community co-creating a world for this and future generations where eco-systems are healthy and peace is inevitable. This vision includes supporting and sustaining the local character of the businesses in the neighborhood.
The party also features a Holiday Barter Fair – a relaxing and enjoyable alternative to the more commercial holiday gift buying experience. What do you have to offer? For ease of trading, items should be have a $5-10 or $15-20 value. Bigger items or services can be traded for multiples of the lower value items.
In past years, barter items have included:
- hand-crafted scarves, hats and aprons
- homemade holiday decorations, swags, candles
- home-grown or foraged produce
- home-made jams, truffles, dried fruit, granola, sauerkraut, beer and other delectable goodies
- services such as yoga classes, sailboat cruises, refrigerator deep clean, massage and more
Thank you to our sponsors and donors!
*Bartering will begin at 4:30 pm. Please arrive early for the best bartering experience.