In light of the current status of COVID 19, please read below for what to expect regarding Ballard Tool Library plans and policies during the upcoming weeks. We will do our best to continue to provide service while keeping our community safe and healthy. Please monitor our website, social media channels and newsletter for updates. We will inform you if anything changes.
If you have tools checked out, please hold on to them until the first week of April. You will not be charged a late fee. Please email us to extend your borrowing time.
Here are the current suggestions from the Governor for helping contain the Coronavirus:
- Stay home if you’re sick. Your small cold could be someone else’s hospital stay. Do yourself and everyone around you a favor and stay home.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, which is exactly as long as it takes to sing the choruses of Fleetwood Mac’s “Landslide,” Toto’s “Africa,” or “Happy Birthday” two times over.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough and sneeze, and ideally if you sneeze, try to sneeze into a tissue then throw away the tissue immediately.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects (your phone, door knobs, countertops, etc.).
- Don’t touch your eyes and face — this is a tough one, but it’s an important one.
- Consider the necessity of attending large gatherings. Give consideration to attending the non-essential congregations of people. This will help prevent the spread of the virus.
- Follow the guidance of your local public health office.