Together, we have successfully educated, inspired and engaged thousands of our neighbors. Sustainable Ballard provides a great venue for you to help continue this success and explore new exciting engaging projects. We’d love for you to join us in planning an exciting NEW menu of offerings for the community in 2013.
Here are some ingredients for Sustainable Ballard success in 2013:
- Fun community-building gatherings: interactive events, not necessarily monthly (barter fairs, work parties, potlucks, open houses, and your other brilliant ideas!)
- Compelling educational events: at Ballard Library or other public locations (do you have an idea for a speaker or discussion that you’d like to present?, a film that you’d like to show? do you know someone who could lead a great workshop?)
- Irresistible group meet-ups: open to old and new members at least periodically (e.g. BUG, food guild, economy group, knitters)
- Impactful group projects: some short, some longer term, all with specific educational and community-building goals in mind (e.g. free book library, tool library, edible garden tour, festival)
Come help cook up a big batch of fresh ideas for Sustainable Ballard, as well as actual yummy vegetarian soup to refresh and nourish you.
When is this participatory and fun extravaganza?
- February 12th, 6 pm – 9pm
Please RSVP here to get all the details.
Pssst! If you can’t make it on the 12th, how about coming to our open house on Feb 24th? We’ll be sharing our new plans and how you can get engaged, plus we’ll have room for you to share your own ideas!! Find Open House details in the calendar below.