Sustainable Ballard’s reason for being is to support Ballard neighbors as they explore ways to combat climate change. Our programs come from your great ideas! We will help find others to join you or help you find a project that you can support, so that no one has to go it alone.
If you love this mission, here are a few ways you can support Sustainable Ballard:
- Become a Sustainable Ballard paid member. Annual memberships range from $35 to $100. Join here.
- Give a Sustainable Ballard membership as a gift. Members at any level get a t-shirt, a reusable mug, a yard sign and window decal, and use of the Ballard Tool Library! Email us and we’ll get you set up and supply you with a gift card.
- Choose us as your charity on AmazonSmile! Then when you order from Amazon, login in from smile.amazon.com and Amazon will donate a portion of your payment to Sustainable Ballard.
- If you have a rewards card with Fred Meyer, choose Sustainable Ballard for your Community Rewards. Then we receive a portion of all of your Fred Meyer purchases.
- Become a Sustainable Ballard volunteer. Fill out our volunteer application form to get started!
- Buy a book! “So, Dear Writer…: An It’s About Time Writers’ Reading Series Anthology”
The “It’s About Time Writers’ Reading Series” is delighted to be able to share the proceeds of its first anthology with Sustainable Ballard, “So, Dear Writer…” published by Cave Moon Press. “So, Dear Writer…” contains craft talks presented over the years. The book is both practical and inspiring.
“So, Dear Writer…” is available at Secret Garden Bookshop, and online through Cave Moon Press or by contacting Peggy Sturdivant, editor, directly by email. Seattle’s Branch Library will also give “It’s About Time” a permanent home.
You may recognize Peggy Sturdivant as the columnist At Large in Ballard. Sturdivant says, “we are delighted to be able to support the many, many causes of Sustainable Ballard.”