Be Part of Our 10th Annual Festival!
September 29, 2013 from 11:00AM – 6:00PM
It feels great to volunteer!
The Festival is our big event of the year! Part community builder, part educational, part fundraiser, part party!! There are many ways you can help out and be part of this exciting event. It’s a great way to meet your neighbors and other Sustainable Ballard members! Shifts are typically 2-3 hours.
Plus, volunteers get great perks:
- A free t-shirt
- Great snacks, goodies and freebies
- Invitation to the exclusive After Party!
Check out the opportunities below and then Email Orna!
SIGN PAINTING WORK PARTY – This Thursday, 1PM:
Contact Orna to RSVP and for location please!!!
SET UP EVERYTHING THE DAY BEFORE (Saturday,9/28):
There’s tons to do to put it all together! Put that stage together, lay down electrical cords throughout the park, set up tents and tables, hang decorations, and more! Help out either 3PM-6PM, or 6PM-9PM. Go to that sign up form! (pizza!….)
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT THE FESTIVAL (Sunday, 9/29):
• More set up just before we “open the doors” – 8AM – 11AM Sunday
• Be a GREETER! Welcome festival-goers with a festival guide, answer questions, count and poll attendees about how they got to the festival, enforce traffic barricades. 1PM-3PM or 3PM-6PM.
• Pour beer, check ID, and help keep the area clean at our exciting new Taste of Ballard area! You need an alcohol serving permit to do the pouring (and check ID). Shifts here are: 11:30AM – 3:00PM, and 3:00PM – 6:30PM.
• Help make fresh organic cider!
• Greet presenters at the Workshops and Learning Station (and troubleshoot if needed)
• Engage kids in making art from recycled materials, decorating bikes, and a variety of other arts and crafts at the Kid Zone. 1PM – 3PM or 3PM – 6PM.
• Electrically savvy? Be on call during the festival to support electrical needs of stages and exhibitors.
• Info Booth and Volunteer Check In: Help check in and orient volunteers as they come in for their shift, answer visitors’ questions, hand out materials, sell raffle tickets.
• Merchandize – Help sell our popular festival t-shirts! Staff merchandise table, take money, make change. (Remember volunteers get their t-shirt free!)
• Help solicit donations for Sustainable Ballard to support our offerings to the community and the next year’s festival! If you enjoy talking to people and are not scared of asking the to support a worthy organization, this might be for you!
- • Local Food & Water Area – show off the 100 mile diet map, good bug-bad bug, how much water did it take to produce this?, vegetable toss, etc.
• The Sopranos – be the waste management mafia – learn what goes where and be ruthless about making sure festival discards are sorted properly. Dark suit and sunglasses anyone?
• Festival Closing – help take down, clean and pack up tents, tables, equipment, decorations,etc. Put things away neatly for next year.
AFTER THE FESTIVAL…
Stay tuned for the exact date and place and join us for the After Party Volunteer Appreciation event!
Volunteers at work: