A Sustainable Ballard tradition returns! Our annual Holiday Party and Barter Fair will be held on December 9th, 4pm to 6pm, at Sunset Hill Community Club (3003 NW 66th Street). For all of you who love to barter — a relaxing and enjoyable alternative to the more commercial holiday gift buying experience — save the date and think about what you’ll bring.
What do you have to offer? For ease of trading, items should be have a $5-10 or $15-20 value. Bigger items or services can be traded for multiples of the lower value items.
In past years, barter items have included:
- hand-crafted scarves, hats and aprons
- home-grown or foraged produce
- home-made jams, truffles, dried fruit, granola, beer and other delectable goodies
- holiday swags, candle holders, table toppers
- services such as yoga classes, sailboat cruises, refrigerator deep clean, massage and more
Contact for more information: Jenny