When: March, 16, 2020, 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Where: Webinar – watch anywhere! Registration is required – it’s free & easy! Sign up here.
Learn from the comfort of your own home or office about how you can apply for a rebate for up to 100 percent of the cost of a cistern and/or rain garden.
In this webinar, you will
- Learn about cisterns, large above-ground containers used to collect roof water.
- Hear about their benefits in Seattle, specifically how they help reduce combined sewer overflows and how they can be used for summer landscape irrigation.
- Listen to a short presentation on the RainWise program, along with resources for those not eligible for RainWise.
- Hear about a RainWise homeowner and their cisterns, with a short Q&A
- Have a chance to ask questions to cistern experts from RainWise.
About RainWise: RainWise, a City of Seattle and King County partnership, offers rebates for rain gardens and cisterns on private property. These installations capture water that falls on roofs and keeps it out of sewer pipes during big rain storms. Nearly 2,000 property owners have installed RainWise rain gardens and cisterns and are helping to keep our waterways clean. Rain gardens require specific property conditions to work. When a property is too steep, too small, or has insufficient drainage for a rain garden, cisterns can be a great solution.