CLASS: CONSIDERING CHICKENS?
From Sustainable Ballard
Come learn 'hands-on' all about keeping chickens
November 14, 2009
- NW Ballard area
- What time?
- For more information, contact
Considering chickens? Not sure about how much work it is? Whether to design and build your own coop? What to do with the poop? Do you learn better by seeing and experiencing and by asking questions?
Here's an opportunity for you to do all of that and see a couple of different chicken coops in action-one fancy green-built 'Coop Mahal' and one simple that cost me almost nothing to build.
You will see and learn:
- Different choices of coop features and systems that will keep your hens safe and happy
- Which design features reduce coop maintenance
- How to easily turn poop from a smelly problem into a valuable product
- How chickens really behave by watching them interact with their environment
- How to Incorporate chickens with your garden to benefit both
- See the simple equipment that has successfully raised many day-old chicks
- Available local resources of information and supplies
- Techniques for outsmarting predators
DATE: Saturday, November 14, 2009
TIME: 10:00AM-12:00 noon
PLACE: NW Ballard
COST: $20 ,$5 per registration will be donated to Seattle Farm Co-op (email@example.com)
REGISTER/CONTACT: Class will be limited to the first 20 who register by sending payment.
For payment address or further questions contact: Ingela@qwest.net