Buy Local Marketing Campaigns for Neighborhood Business Districts
From Sustainable Ballard
November 10, 2009
- Seattle City Hall, Boards and Commissions Room
- What time?
- 9:00 a.m. â€“ 1:30 p.m.
- For more information, contact
- OEDâ€™s Danielle Hursh at 206-733-9254 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Business owners and advocates know that local businesses are the heart of Seattle commerce. Promoting these businesses through a carefully implemented â€œBuy Localâ€ campaign can drive traffic into neighborhood business districts and preserve the cityâ€™s best local vendors by creating a dynamic and invested community of shoppers.
Seattleâ€™s Office of Economic Development (OED) will host a â€œBuy Localâ€ marketing strategies workshop with presenter Jeff Milchen, a leading advocate for community-based businesses and co-founder of the American Independent Business Alliance (AMIBA). City Council President Richard Conlin, an avid supporter of buy local business campaigns, will deliver opening remarks.
Are you a leader in a local chamber or neighborhood business group? A small business owner passionate about promoting the idea of â€œBuy Localâ€? If so, come to this workshop to:
- Learn why supporting local business is so important for the economic health of the city
- Get the tools you need to design and execute a successful neighborhood â€œBuy Localâ€ campaign â€“ including best practices on building a dynamic media presence
- Review website, database, and e-mail essentials
- Get tips on funding your campaign and making city government your â€œBuy Localâ€ ally
Refreshments will be served. Please RSVP by November 5, 2009 to OEDâ€™s Danielle Hursh at 206-733-9254 or email@example.com www.seattle.gov/economicdevelopment