From Sustainable Ballard
|Add an Event|
Showing all events for December 01, 2012
We are thankful for.... our precious Puget Sound, and BIG REBATES from the RAINWISE program!
December 1, 2012
- at a central Ballard RainWise home
- Register (free!) and address will be sent
- What time?
- 2pm to 4pm
- For more information, contact
- julia AT sustainableballard DOT org
In the Ballard Basin*, property owners can get beautiful and functional landscaping, and stored rainwater for watering gardens - with up to 100% of the cost paid by the City of Seattle. REALLY!
Come see what RainWise is all about - bring the whole family!
At this RainWise Open House, you will:
- Find out about great RainWise rebates, and how you can do your part to help manage storm water and protect Puget Sound.
- Get a guided tour of this installation with a rain garden and five cisterns, from Sam and Alexander, our Tour Guides Extraordinaire (and Julia's favorite neighbor boys).
- Meet RainWise-trained contractors who can create beautiful rain gardens and cistern installations and walk you through the whole process. Get your questions answered! RainWise might even be able to help you with a wet basement.
- Live nearby? You might be able to get a free consultation on the spot!
- Enjoy hot cider and cookies, and meet your neighbors
- Make a bird seed ball for your own garden or as a holiday gift - this is a kid-friendly activity:)
Rain or shine - winter is a great time to get RainWise.
- THE BALLARD BASIN REBATE AREA is roughly west of 15th Ave NW, and from NW 56th St to NW 85th. Check your address here! LIVE IN SEATTLE BUT OUTSIDE THESE BOUNDS? Worry not! RainWise will be coming to YOU by the end of 2015....watch your mailbox for news from Seattle Public Utilities.