4th Annual Ballard Edible Garden Tour
From Sustainable Ballard
Grow! Don’t mow.
June 23, 2012
- Tour starts at Whittier Elementary
- 1320 NW 75th
- What time?
- 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- For more information, contact
Sustainable Ballard invites you to our walking / biking tour of NE Ballard food gardens.
Our goal is to educate and inspire folks to grow food by giving examples of creative uses of parking strips, containers, raised beds, bee houses, chicken coops, fruit trees & berries and more! Meet the gardeners and ask questions. Tour includes a dozen gardens to explore within walking distance of the Whittier Elementary School. $10 supports Sustainable Ballard's community projects.
Buy your ticket/map at Whittier Elementary, 1320 NW 75th, on the day of the tour.
- Do you like to grow your food?
- Can you do it your ‘hood?
- Would you do it with your hands?
- Would you do it on your lands?
- Could you do it in a pot?
- Could you do it on your lot?
- Would you, could you in the rain?
- Would you, could you feel no pain?
- Would you garden on a boat?
- Would you garden with a goat?
- Would you plant a rutabaga?
- Would you like a ripe tomata'?
- Could you grow food here or there?
- Could you garden anywhere?
- Would you garden in a box?
- Would you garden in your crocs?
- Would you garden in the shade?
- Would you garden with a spade?
- You can plant what you can eat!
- You can harvest, what a treat!
- Plant a seed! Oh, gosh, oh gee!
- Try it! Try it! You will see!