Washington Bikes invites seasoned pedalers, new bike riders, and cyclists from all over our state to bike as much as possible for any reason during November 1-30. The idea of the Ride in the Rain Challenge is to turn a common barrier to biking — inclement weather — on its head and celebrate biking during the rainiest month of the year. Washington Bikes is confident that if you can ride during the rainiest month and enjoy it, you’ll see how possible it is to bike all year round!
HOW IT WORKS
- You and your friends compete against other teams of up to 10 people
- New riders get double points for trips logged. Following rider feedback from past years, we have removed the requirement to have 2 new riders on a team of 10. Your Challenge team can be made up of anyone you wish, but just remember, more new riders = more points
- The aim is to earn the most points.
- Points are earned by:
- and getting other people to ride too.
- You can ride anywhere, anytime between November 1-30 to take part.
The Challenge is not just about who can ride the most miles, but who can encourage the most people to give bicycling a try.