Applying compost in the fall is a great way to help your lawn and garden thrive and grow next spring. Last year, Seattle residents helped divert more than 125,000 tons of food and yard waste from the landfill by composting their food scraps.
Seattle Public Utilities, Seattle Tilth and Seattle’s new composting partner, Lenz Enterprises, are offering ½ yard of Seattle-made compost – a $30 value – to residents who pledge to compost their food waste.
Compost will be available for pick-up on the following weekends:
- NE Seattle: Sept. 26-27, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- SE Seattle: Oct. 3-4, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Hurry! Compost offer is limited to the first 500 customers.
Email or call the Garden Hotline at (206) 633-0224 to reserve your free compost and schedule a pick-up time.
- Up to ½ yard of compost per vehicle/household. Seattle residents only, while supplies last.
- Be prepared to show driver’s license.
- Compost is unbagged and self-haul, so bring a proper vehicle, gloves and a shovel!