1753 Northwest 56th Street
Seattle, WA 98107
This month we are showing Time To Listen — a 15 minute film focusing on the stories of six different homeless individuals and how they navigate life.
Whether it’s the economy, substance abuse, poor decisions, health issues, mental illness, chronic homelessness, or life change. Whatever causes homelessness…these six individuals are opening up and sharing about how they became homeless, what it feels like to be homeless, and how they would like you to see them.
The film is particularly effective for helping people understand the causes and consequences of homelessness and how it could happen to anyone. We will be joined by Gabriella Duncan who helped create the film.
We look forward to a rich discussion. Please join us!
Mission of the Taskforce: The BCTHH works to end homelessness and hunger in the Ballard community by providing a forum for service providers, community advocates and governmental agencies to share information, capitalize on their collective resources and coordinate efforts. We will work as advocates of change and partners of compassion toward a just and supportive community.
* Encourage local residents and community organizations to work with community members who face homeless and/or hunger.
* Support and partner with non-profit, religious, government, for-profit and community groups who provide programs and resources for vulnerable residents in our community.
* Mobilize resources within and outside Ballard to provide adequate food, shelter and supportive services for all residents of Ballard.
* Provide a venue for honest, open discussion of the challenges faced by homeless residents and the groups that serve them, including ways to meet those challenges successfully.
* Link individuals with unique challenges with organizations that provide relevant specialized services.